У Вас отключён javascript.
В данном режиме, отображение ресурса
браузером не поддерживается

Амальград форум - арабская, персидская, ближневосточная культура

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Амальград форум - арабская, персидская, ближневосточная культура » Арабский язык » Пословицы и поговорки на египетском диалекте

Пословицы и поговорки на египетском диалекте

Сообщений 1 страница 20 из 49

предлагаю вниманию форумчан пословицы и поговорки на египетском диалекте.
это также и повседневные выражения, широко используемые египтянами в общении.
объяснения даются на английском языке, но, по моему, довольно доступно и понятно даже не свободно говорящим по английски.

حطّه على الرفّ (HaTTuh 3ala r-raff)
To put someone on the shelf (not make use of their abilities)

وجع راسه (waga3 raasu)
To annoy or inconvenience someone (lit. hurt their head)

ناس مابتجيش الا بالعين الحمرا (naas matbitgiiš illa bil-3ein il-Hamra)
People who only do things the hard way, like after being yelled at (lit. who only come by the red/evil eye)

عنده وشّ andu wašš)
Someone crazy (lit. who has a buzz/hum)

ماعندوش دمّ (ma3anduuš damm)
He has no shame (lit. no blood)

نزل من عيني (nizil min 3eini)
He went down in my estimation, my opinion of him fell (lit. he fell from my eye)

على مهلك ala mahlak)
Slowly, take your time; you can say this to a driver to try and get him to slow down

مافيش فايدة (mafiiš fayda)
It’s no use, it’s pointless

ماينفعش (mayinfa3š)
It does no good, it's useless

مش معقول (miš ma3'uul)
No way; that's ridiculous! (lit. not reasonable)

زي الفل (zayy il-full)
Perfect (lit. like jasmine)

ولا يهمّك (walla yhimmak)
Don't worry

مافيش مشكلة (mafiiš moškila)
No problem

خللي بالك من (xalli baalak min)
Watch out for, take care of (s.t.)

في المشمش (fil-mišmiš)
Never; used to express skepticism about something happening (lit. in the apricot season)

اشمعنى (išma3na)
Why (especially, particularly)

يا سلام (ya salaam)
Wow! Expression of surprise (lit. oh peace)

يا خبر أبيض | اسود (ya xabar abyaD/iswid)
Expresses surprise about a piece of news; you can say just "ya xabar!" or "ya xabar abyaD" in reaction to any news; "ya xabar iswid" is used in reaction to bad news.

مالوش دعوى بـ (maluuš da3wa bi)
He has nothing to do with (s.t.) or no right to interfere in it; you can tell someone "malakš da3wa biyya" to tell them to leave you alone and stop meddling in your affairs

زي القمر (zayy il-'amar)
Beautiful (lit. like the moon)

موت (moot)
An intensifier. Ex. "Suura Helwa moot," "baHebbak moot," "ana ta3baana moot"

يموت في (yimuut fi)
To be crazy about something (lit. to die in)

مهووس بـ (mahwuus bi)
Crazy about s.t.

مالك؟ (maalak?)
What's wrong with you? What's with you?

ضحك على (DiHik 3ala)
To fool, trick (lit. to laugh at)

قد الدنيا ('add id-donia)
World-class, very big and important, a big-shot (ex. howa doktoor 'add id-dunia); or can be used to mean "very much" (ex. baHebbak 'add id-donia)

في آخر الدنيا (fi aaxer id-donia)
At the ends of the earth; can be used to indicate great distance

زي اللبلب (zayy il-liblib)
Fluently; used in reference to someone's language abilities

ده كلام أي كلام (da kalaam ayy kalaam)
That's a bunch of nonsense

الكلام ده (il-kalaam da)
A state of affairs or condition (lit. that talk); حكاية (Hekaaya, lit. story) can also be used in a similar way to mean matter/affair.

عشان خاطرك (ašaan xaaTrak)
For your sake

بتلاتة مليم (bi-talaata milliim)
Worthless, poor-quality (lit. for three pennies)

طوّل بالك (Tawwal baalak)
Be patient

بلسان طويل (bi-lisaan Tawiil)
Rudely, insultingly (lit. with a long tongue) 

حباله طويلة (Hibaalu Tawiila)
He takes a long time to get anything done (lit. his ropes are long)

زي سمن على عسل (zayy samn 3ala 3asal)
Used in reference to two people who get along really well (lit. like clarified butter on honey)

حرام عليك (Haraam 3aleik)
Shame on you

عالفاضي (al faaDi)
For nothing; ex. Saraft il-filuus di 3al-faaDi (I spent that money for nothing)

اتكل على الله (ittakil 3al allah)
Depend on God; you can tell someone "Ittakil 3al allah!" to mean "Go away!"

حاجة غريبة (Haaga ġariiba)
How strange!

دمّه خفيف (dammu xafiif)
He's fun to be around (lit. his blood is light). (The opposite expression would be دمّه تقيل dammu ti'iil, his blood is heavy.)

Отредактировано maramero (2009-04-22 12:14:48)

على حسابي (ala Hisaabi)
On my bill; I'm the one who pays. Can be used to offer to pay for dinner, etc. (Lit. on my account)

على فكرة (ala fikra)
By the way, incidentally

مافيش حاجة اسمها (mafiiš Haaga ismaha)
There's no such thing as... (lit. there's nothing called...)

اخطبوط راجل  (raagul axTabuuT)
A corrupt, ruthless businessman who accumulates a lot of money (lit. an octopus)

زي القطة تاكل وتيكر (zayy il-'uTTa taakul wa tinkir)
Like the cat who eats and denies (that she just ate). Used to describe someone ungrateful.

مخربش (mixarbiš)
Describes someone who knows all the tricks of his trade

طلّع عينيها (Talla3 3eineiha)
To give someone a hard time

احترم نفسك (iHtirim nafsak)
Behave yourself, be polite (lit. respect yourself)

عينه صفرا   (einu Safra)
His eye is yellow; used to describe someone jealous

حطّ النقط على الحروف (HaTT il-no'aT 3ala l-Horuuf)
To clarify something, make everything crystal-clear and precise. For example, at the end of a talk, the lecturer could say, "Wa dilwa'ti haHoTT il-no'aT 3ala l-Horoof" -- "I'm going to explain everything and make it all clear." Lit. "to put the dots on the letters."

يفتح الله (yiftaH alla)
Said between a seller and buyer, if one doesn't accept the other's price; the meaning is like "May God open (another opportunity)" 

على الله   (al-alla)
Can be used (1) when refusing alms to a beggar (as in "God will provide") or (2) to imply misgivings about an outcome; ex. is-sabbaak 'aal li innu gayy 3ala Tuul - 3al-alla yiigii dilwa'ti (The plumber told me he's coming right away - Let's hope so)

Отредактировано maramero (2009-04-22 12:18:06)

روحي طلعت. (ruuHi Til3et.)
Another way of saying "I'm fed up."

على ما يرام   (ala mayraam)
Okay, decent.

مش ولا بدّ (miš wala bodd)
So-so, not very good.

مش بطال (miš baTTaal)
Not bad

ضربه على قفاه (Darabu 3ala 'afaah)
To fool s.o., make a fool of him (lit. to hit s.o. on the back of the neck)

ماليش | ماعنديش مزاج (maliiš/ma3andiiš mazaag)
I'm not in the mood, I don't feel like it; ex. ma3andiiš mazaag dilwa'ti lil-Hekaaya di (I'm not in the mood for that right now)

نفسي (nefsi)
"I'd like to" or "I wish to/really wish I could"; ex. nefsi asaafir lebnaan (I'd like to/wish I could travel to Lebanon)

على باين (baayin 3ala)
To appear or seem a certain way; ex. baayin 3aleiha miš mabsuuTa (she doesn't look happy), baayin 3aleik mitDayyi' (you seem annoyed)

لحلوح (ج) لحاليح (laHluuH (pl.) laHaliiH)
Slang for a pound (money), especially in the context of bribery

فوّل على (fawwil 3ala)
To jinx someone by mentioning possible misfortune

عمل له حركة وسخة   (amal lu Haraka wisxa)
To play s.o. a dirty trick (lit. a dirty move)

مسمار جحا (musmaar goHa)
Goha's nail. An excuse or pretext to keep one's foot in the door. Goha is a popular character from folktales. The story goes that he sold his house except for one nail, with a stipulation that he could come back and do whatever he wanted with the nail whenever. So later whenever he would get annoyed with the new owner of the house, he would come back and hammer on the nail.

Отредактировано maramero (2009-04-22 12:22:05)

عمل حسابه على كدة (3amal Hisaabu 3ala kida)
To take s.t. into account and plan for it.

زي الأطرش في الزفة (zayy il-aTraš fiz-zaffa)
Really out of it; describes someone who doesn't know what's going on around him (lit. like a deaf man at a wedding)

يدوب (yadoob)
Barely, hardly; ex. ana yadoob waaxid nafasi (I've barely caught my breath), ana yadoob maxadtiš nafasi (either "I'm just on the point of catching my breath" or "I've just this very second caught my breath")

الفار لعب في عبّه (il-faar le3eb fi 3ebbu.)
He smelled a rat, began to have suspicions (lit. the mouse played in the gap between s.o.'s shirt and chest)

راسه ناشفة (raasu našfa)
He's hard-headed, stubborn (lit. his head is dry)

لا أبيض ولا اسود (la abyaD wala iswid)
No money at all (lit. neither black nor white); ex. ma3anduuš la abyaD wala iswid (he's penniless)

زي علب كبريت (zayy 3elab kabriit)
Like packs of matches (the equivalent of "packed like sardines")

أفلام الموسم (aflaam il-muusim)
The latest trend (lit. the season's [current] movies)

فيلم هندي (film hindi)
Something can be described as an Indian (Bollywood) movie if it's really fantastical and impossible.

قطّع في فروة __. ('aTTa3 fi farwit __.)
To gossip about someone. Lit. to cut someone's fur.

شردوحة | شرشوحة (šarduuHa/šaršuuHa)
A tacky, loud, low-class woman. Sort of like a fishwife, except without the vendor connotation.

حين ميسرة (Hiina maysara)
When things get better. This expression is fuSHa, but it's commonly used in Egypt regardless. For example, if someone lent you money, you could tell them, "haragga3lak il-filuus Hiina maysara" (I'll pay you back when things get better for me).

معزز مكرم (mo3azzaz mokarram)
Content and well-taken-care-of. Usually used in the context of a son or daughter staying at home with their parents.

متكبّر على (metkabbar 3ala)
Bigheaded. To say that someone is "metkabbar 3ala xal' allaah" (looks down on God's creations) or "metkabbar 3ala n-naas illi Hawaleih" (looks down on the people around him) means that the person is really full of himself and thinks he's better than everyone else.

ديله في سنانه (deilu fi sinaanu)
Lit. "his tail in his teeth." Based on the idea that in "baladi" areas where people wear traditional galabeyyas, if someone gets into a fight or some trouble and ends up running away, he takes the "tail" of his galabeyya and puts it in his mouth so he doesn't trip over it as he runs off. This expression is the equivalent of "with his tail between his legs"; it describes someone running ingloriously away from a defeat. Ex. "hiribu deilhum fi sinaanhum" (They escaped with their tails between their legs).

انفذ - ينفذ بجلده (infad - yinfed bi-geldu)
To escape by the skin of your teeth.

ضرب كرسي في الكلوب (Darab kursi fel-klob)
To hit the lights with a chair in order to turn them off. Based on the idea that in a "baladi" 'ahwa or place like that, when there's a fight, someone might grab a chair and use it to knock out the lights so they can do whatever they want in the darkness, without being seen. So this expression describes someone who's trying to do bad things under the cover of darkness (figurative or literal).

من بقك لباب السما (min bo''ak li-baab is-sama)
From your lips to God's ear (lit. heaven's gate), i.e. "I hope that what you're predicting/hoping really happens."

اذا عرف السبب، بطل العجب (iza 3eref is-sabab, baTal il-3agab)
An expression meaning that once you learn the reason for something, you won't be surprised or amazed by it anymore. Used to explain curiosity or express relief that now you know why something happened.

مصلحجي (meSlaHgi)
Someone who is totally self-interested and doesn't care about anyone else; they look out for themselves, and that's it! From مصلحة (maSlaHa), "interest."

على ودنه (3ala widnu)
Everywhere. Ex. "il-fasaad win-naSb ba'et 3ala widnu" (Corruption and swindling have [taken over] everywhere).

كلام فاضي | كلام ولا بيودي ولا يبجيب (kalaam faaDi/kalaam wala biywaddi wala biigiib)
"Kalaam faaDi" (or "kalaam faariġ") is "empty talk" -- just words or hot air. "Kalaam wala biywaddi wala biigiib" means "talk that doesn't accomplish anything" -- useless talk.

كلام في الهوا (kalaam fel-hawa)
Used to describe talk that no one will listen to. For example, if someone was complaining and complaining about the government, you could tell them, "Bititkallem fel-hawa," since the government will never listen to their complaints. Lit. "talking in the air."

شغل على مية بيضة (šoġl 3ala mayya beiDa)
A cunning, well-planned plot.

قعد على قلبهم ('a3ad 3ala 'albohom)
To impose on someone while staying with them. If someone has been staying at your house for a while and you're getting sick of them, you could say they're 'a3diin 3ala albak (lit. sitting on your heart.)

أم الكبائر (omm il-kabaa'ir)
In Islam, it means the biggest sin you can commit. Colloquially, it's more loosely used to mean something like "the worst thing you can do."

إن الله لا يغير ما بقوم حتى يغيروا ما بأنفسهم (inna allaaha la yuġayyiru ma bi-qawmin Hatta yuġayyiru ma bi'anfusihim)
This is from sura 13 (ar-ra3d) in the Qur'an. It means "God doesn't change the condition of people until they change it themselves." Used to urge people to take the initiative to change themselves, instead of waiting for some outside force.

من شوشته لحد أخمص رجله (min šuusitu li-Hadde axmoS riglu)
From the top of his head to the tips of his toes.

التكرار يعلّم الحمار. (it-tikraar yi3allim il-Humaar.)
Repetition teaches (even) a donkey. (Practice makes perfect.)

في الامتحان يكرم المرء أو يحان. (fil-imteHaan yokram il-mar' aw yohaan.)
At the time of a test, a person rises or falls. (People's real worth is known only through trial.)

يا واخد القرد على ماله يروح المال ويقعد القرد على حاله. (ya waa5od il-'ird 3ala maalu yiruuH il-maal wa yi'3od il-'ird 3ala Haalu)
If you marry a monkey (i.e. someone ugly) for his money, the money will go away and the monkey will stay the same (as ugly as ever). (Don't marry for money.)

الوحدة خير من جليس السوء. (il-waHda xeir min giliis is-suu'.)
Being alone is better than being with someone bad. (Warning about keeping bad company.)

امشي في جنازة ولا تمشي في جوازة. (imši fi ganaaza walla timši fi gawaaza.)
Being involved in a funeral is better than trying to arrange marriages. (Warning about matchmaking.)

القرد في عين أمه غزال. (il-'ird fi 3ein ummu ġazaal.)
In his mother’s eye, the monkey is (as beautiful as) a gazelle. (Comment about mothers' bias or partiality to their children.)

لا يلدغ المؤمن من جحر مرتين. (la yuldaġ il-mo'men min goHr marratein.)
The believer is not bitten from the same hole twice. (Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.)

قليل البخت يلاقي العظم في الكرشة. ('aliil il-baxt yilaa'i l-3aDm fil-kirša.)
The unlucky person finds bones in his tripe dinner. (You can't escape bad luck.)

الطيور على اشكالها تقع. (iT-Tuyuur 3ala aškaaliha taqa3u.)
Birds of a feather flock together.

اليد في الميّة مش زي اليد في النار. (il-iid fil-mayya miš zayy il-iid fin-naar.)
The hand in water isn’t like the hand in fire. (Easier said than done; used to criticize someone removed from the situation at hand who is telling those involved how to deal with it.)

اللى على البرّ عوّام. (illi 3ala l-barr 3awwaam.)
The one on shore is a master swimmer. (See above.)

اللى على راسه بطحة بيحصص عليها. (illi 3ala raasu baTHa biHaSSiS 3aleiha.)
Those who have an injury on their head keep checking it. (People who have a weakness show it.)

لبس البوصة، تبقى عروسة. (labbis il-buuSa, tib'a 3aruusa.)
Dressing up a stick turns it into a bride. (Clothes make the man.)

ابن الوزّ عوّام. (ibn il-wazz 3awwam.)
The son of a goose is a swimmer. (Like father, like son.)

دوام الحال من المحال. (dawaam il-Haal min il-muHaal.)
Continuing the same state is impossible. (Nothing stays the same.)

اللى يشوف بلوة غيره تهون عليه بلوته. (illi yišuuf belwit ġeiru tihuun 3aleih belwitu.)
Seeing someone else’s problems makes your own problems seem smaller. (Considering others' problems will give you perspective.)

باب النجّار مخلع. (baab in-naggaar maxalla3.)
The carpenter’s door is falling apart. (Used to criticize someone who tells other people how to do things but doesn’t apply his advice to himself.)

الشاطرة تغذل برجل الحمار. (iš-šaTra tiġzil bi-rigl il-Homar.)
The clever one spins with a donkey’s leg (i.e. can make something out of nothing). (Used to criticize someone who blames their tools for their bad work.)

اللى ماعندوهوش مايلزمهوش. (illi ma3anduhuuš mayilzimhuuš.)
He who doesn't have (the money to pay for something) does not need it. (If you can't afford something, think twice about whether you really need it or not.)

بعد ما شاب ودوه الكتّاب. (ba3d ma šaab wadduuh ik-kuttaab)
After his hair went white, he went to school. (You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Used to criticize someone old trying to do things more suited to young people.)

عريان الطوق بينط لفوق. (3iryaan iT-Too' binuTT li-foo')
Someone without (even) a collar tries to jump up (i.e. to a higher social class). (Used to criticize someone poor trying to reach up too high above his social status.)

الفاضي يعمل قاضي. (el-faaDi yi3mel 'aaDi)
Someone free plays the judge. (Used to criticize someone with too much free time interfering in other people’s business.)

احنا في الهوا سوا. (eHna fil hawa sawa.)
We are in the same boat (lit. same air).

العروسة للعريس والجري للمتاعيس. (il-3aruusa lil-3ariis wel gari lil-mata3iis.)
The bride gets a bridegroom and the rest get miserable. (The bride and bridegroom are happy at a wedding, but the guests go home unhappily.)

اللى مكتوب عالجبين لازم تشوفه العين. (illi maktuub 3al-gibiin laazim tšuufu l-3ein.)
What is written on the brow will inevitably be seen by the eye. (One will inevitably meet one’s destiny.)

يا مآمن للرجال يا مآمن الميّة في الغربال. (ya me'aammin lir-ragaal ya me'aammin il-mayya fil-ġurbaal.)
Trusting men is like trusting water in a sieve.

الحلو حلو لو قام من النوم، والوحش وحش لو غسل وشّه كل يوم. (il-Helw Helw law 'aam min in-noom, wal-weHš weHš law ġasal wiššu kull yoom.)
The beautiful is beautiful (even right after) rising from sleep, and the ugly is ugly (even) if they wash their face every day. (You can't hide beauty or make the ugly beautiful.)

يد واحدة ماتسقفش. (iid waaHida matsa''afš.)
One hand doesn’t clap. (Cooperation from all sides is necessary to accomplish anything.)

تحت العمّة قرد. (taHt il-3emma 'ird.)
Under the sheikh’s hat is a monkey. (Used to criticize someone who tries to appear good on the outside to cover up their faults, specifically if they try to appear pious.)

يا ما تحت السواهي دواهي. (yaama taHt is-sawaahi dawaahi.)
Underneath the nice exterior is a bunch of problems. (Used to criticize someone who tries to put up a good appearance to cover up their faults.)

على قد لحافك مد رجليك. (3ala 'add liHaafak midd regleik.)
Stretch your legs as far as your blanket extends. (Don’t live beyond your means.)

اللي يتلسع من الشوربة ينفخ في الزبادي. (illi yetlesse3 min iš-šorba yinfox fiz-zabaadi.)
He who burns his tongue from soup will blow in yogurt (to cool it). (Once burned, twice shy.)

انت تريد وهو يريد والله يفعل ما يريد. (anta turiid wa-howa yuriid wallaah yaf3al ma yuriid.)
You want what you want and he wants what he wants, but God does what He wants. (Man proposes, God disposes.)

عريان الطيز يحب تأميز.   iryaan iT-Tiiz beHebb it-ta'miiz.)
Someone with their ass exposed likes to criticize. (Used in reference to hypocrites.) Note the crude language in this saying!

أقول تور، يقول احلبوه. (a'uul toor, yi'uul iHlibuuh.)
I say it's a bull, he says milk it. (Used when you're talking at cross-purposes with someone who won't see reason.)

العين ماتعلاش عالحاجب. (il-3ein mate3laaš 3al-Haagib.)
The eye doesn't go higher than the brow. (No one can go above their status in life.)

المتعوس متعوس ولو ركبه على راسه فانوس. (il-mat3uus mat3uus walaw rakibu 3ala raasu fanuus.)
The miserable person will be miserable even if you hang a lantern on his head. (You can't escape your luck.)

لقّيني ولا اتغدّيني. (la''iini wallitġaddini)
Better a warm welcome than being invited to lunch. (Welcoming people warmly is important.)

ظرّط الإمام، خريوا المصلّين. (ZarraT il-imaam, xiryu l-muSalliin.)
The imam farted, so those praying behind him shitted. (A leader's errors are compounded by his followers.) Note that this saying uses crude language, so you should be careful who you say it around.

طبّاخ السمّ بيدوقه. (Tabbaax is-simm biyduu'u.)
One who cooks poison tastes it. (You have to share, so other people benefit from something you do or get.)

اللي يلاقي اللي يطبخ له لية يحرق صوابعه؟ (illi ylaa'i lli yuTbuxlu leih yiHra' Sawab3u?)
Why should one who finds someone to cook for him burn his fingers? (Don't do your own dirty work if you can find someone to do it for you.)

اتغدّى بيه قبل ما يتعشّى بيك. (itġadda biih 'abl ma yit3ašša biik.)
Eat him for lunch before he eats you for dinner. (Kill him before he kills you; get your blow in first.)

القط مايحبش الا خناقه. (il-'uTT mayHebbiš illa xannaa'u.)
The cat only likes its strangler. (People only respond to harsh treatment.)

الغاوي ينقط بطاقيته. (il-ġaawi yna''aT bi-Ta'iytu.)
The fan will donate his skullcap. (An enthusiast will give away everything he has for what he loves.)

الحركة بركة. (il-Haraka baraka.)
Movement is a blessing. (Exercise is good.)

دبّور زنّ على خراب عشّه. (dabbuur zann 3ala xraab 3eššu.)
A wasp that brought about the destruction of its own nest through its buzzing. (He asked for it, it was his own fault.)

تضرب القدرة على فمها تطلع البنت لأمها. (tiDrab il-'idra 3ala fummaha, tiTla3 il-bint li-ummaha.)
Like mother, like daughter.

هاك الشبل من ذاك الأسد. (haak iš-šiblu min zaak il-asad.)
Similar to the above, used to desribe someone's similarity to one of their parents. Lit. "this cub (is) from that lion."

خسارة قريبة أحسن من مكسب بعيد. (xosaara qariiba aHsan min maksab ba3iid.)
A loss soon is better than a victory much later. (It's better to cut your losses and admit defeat quickly rather than stick it out and eventually win a victory that cost you a lot.)

شحات ونزهي. (šaHHaat we-nozahi.)
A beggar but acting like a rich man. (Used to describe someone who's in no position to be picky but is still acting like he can set the terms of whatever bargain etc. is going on. Sort of like the equivalent of "Beggars can't be choosers," but in reverse.)

شحات وعايز رغيف. (šaHHaat we-3aayiz riġiif.)
A beggar, and he wants a (whole) loaf. (If you're relying on other people's generosity, you should just be grateful for whatever you can get instead of complaining you didn't get more.)

حجة البليد مسح التختة. (Hegget el-baliid masiH et-taxta.)
The bad student's excuse is erasing the blackboard. (Used to describe people who are trying to divert attention from their own failings by talking about other things.)

مصائب قوم عند قوم فوائده. (maSaa'ib qawm 3and qawm fawaa'ido.)
Some people's disasters provide benefits for other people. (What is disastrous for some people can prove to be advantageous for other people.)

الجيات أحسن من الرايحات. (ig-gayyaat aHsan min ir-rayHHaat.)
What is coming is better than what is gone. (The future is better than what's past; used to cheer people up.)

لو حرف شعبطة في الجو. (law Harf ša3abaTa feg-gaww.)
"If" is like trying to hold onto the air (i.e. something impossible). (The equivalent of "If wishes were horses"; if someone is talking about what they'd do if they were a millionaire, or something else impossible, you can tell them "law Harf ša3abaTa feg-gaww" to remind them that just wishing for things is pointless.)

عمر الشقي بقي. (3omr iš-ša'i ba'i.)
The wicked or naughty live longer. (Can be used to hint that if you take risks, it'll pay off. Can also be used in a joking way; for example, if a friend was in a minor car accident and was uninjured, you could tell them, "3omr iš-ša'i ba'i.")

وقع في شر أعماله. (wi'i3 fi šarr a3maalu.)
He got entangled in the evil of his own doings. (He was hoisted by his own petard -- fell into his own trap, was harmed by his own plan to harm someone else.)

المؤمن مصاب. (il-mo'men muSaab.)
The believer is afflicted. (The righteous always suffer.)

وقع في شر أعماله. (il-ġurbaal il-gediid luh šadda.)
The new sieve is taut. (A new broom sweeps clean.)

а также стандартные ситуации общения и что египтяне говорят при этом друг другу, например приветствия, поздравления с праздником, выражения соболезнования и прочее.
очень важно запоминать правильный ответ на каждое устойчивое выражение. вы можете почувствовать себя очень неловко, если вам скажут что то приятное, а вы не будете знать, что ответить. если вы смущенно не промолвите ни слово в ответ или просто улыбнетесь - никто вас не осудит, конечно, но правильный, корректный ответ может произвести потрясающее впечатление.

Welcome; hello: أهلا وسهلا (ahlan wa sahlan)
Response: أهلا بيك (ahlan bīk)
You can say أهلا وسهلا when welcoming someone (ex. to your country or home). And you can also say it to mean just "hello."

Welcome; hello: مرحبا (marHaban)
Response: مرحبا بيك (marHaban bīk)
مرحبا can be used in much the same way as أهلا وسهلا, and it has a more colloquial pronunciation of "marHaba." One colloquial response is مرحبتين (marHabtein - lit. two welcomes). مرحبا is not really used in Egypt outside of tourist signs and so forth, but in other places like the Gulf and Levant, it's used frequently to say hello.

Hello: السلام عليكم (as-salāmu 3aleikum) - lit. Peace be upon you
Response: وعليكم السلام (w3aleikum as-salām)
A common greeting used by Muslims. You can also add ورحمة الله وبركاته (waraHmatu llāhi wabarakātu - and God's mercy and blessings) to the end.

Good morning: صباح الخير (SabāH al-xeir)
Response: صباح النور (SabāH an-nūr)
There are more colloquial variants on صباح الخير/النور that you can use, like صباح القشطة (SabāH il-'išTa - lit. morning of cream), صباح الفل (SabāH il-full - lit. morning of jasmine), and صباح الورد (SabāH il-ward - lit. morning of rose). They're a little "baladi" (i.e. used more by the rural and lower classes), but you can still use them to add some color to your speech.

Good evening: مساء الخير (masā' al-xeir)
Response: صباح النور (masā' an-nūr)
You can also say مساء القشطة, مساء الفل, and مساء الورد here too.

How are you?: كيف حالك؟ (keif Hālak)
Response: بخير الحمد لله (bexeir al-Humdulillāh)
كيف حالك can be said in a colloquial context too, but in Egypt it's much more common to hear ازيك (izzayyak). Colloquially people don't really say "bexeir" too much; you can say كويس الحمد لله (kwayyis al-Humdulillāh) or just "al-Humdulillāh."

How are things going?: ايه أخبار؟ (eih axbār); أخبارك ايه؟ (axbārak eih); عامل/ة ايه؟ (3amil/3amla eih)
These expressions are kind of like "What's up?" as it's used in the U.S.; you don't really proceed to explain what's going on in your life (and don't say مافيش أخبار, mafīš axbār, "No news" like I did once; people will laugh at you!). People usually just say something like "al-Humdulillāh" or كويس (kwayyis, "Good") or كلو تمام (kullu tamām, "Everything's fine").

Nice to meet you: فرصة سعيدة (furSa sa3īda) - lit. Happy chance
Response: أنا الأسعد (ana l-as3ad) - lit. I am happier

Good night: تصبح على خير (tiSbaH 3ala xeir) - lit. Wake up healthy
Response: وانت من أهله (winta min ahlo)

Goodbye: مع السلامة (ma3a s-salāma) - said to the person leaving; lit. Go in peace
Response: الله يسلمك (allāh ysallimak) - said by the person leaving; lit. May God protect you
Often when people are leaving they just say "Salām" or "As-salāmu 3aleikum" and those remaining say "Ma3a s-salāma."

Used when s.o. leaves on a trip:
Bon voyage: رحلة سعيدة (reHla sa3īda)
ربنا يجيبك بالسلامة (rabbina ygībak bis-salāma) - lit. May God bring you safely
ربنا يوصلك بالسلامة (rabbina yiwaSSalak bis-salāma) - lit. May God deliver you safely
تروح وتيجي بالسلامة (tirūH witīgī bis-salāma) - lit. Go and come safely
Response: الله يسلمك (allāh ysallimak)

Used to welcome s.o. arriving from a trip or greet s.o. who has just recovered from an illness:
حمد لله عالسلامة (Humdilla 3as-salāma) - lit. Thank God for (your) safety

Welcome to Egypt: نوّرت مصر (nawwart maSr) - lit. You have lit up Egypt
Response: ده نورك كفاية (da nūrak kifāya), lit. Your light is enough - or مصر منوّرة بيك (maSr menawwara bīk), lit. Egypt is lit up by you
You can also say "Menawwara" on its own to welcome someone anywhere.

Get well soon: سملامتك (salāmtak)

Please: من فضلك (min faDlak)
Please: لو سمحت (law samaHt) - can also be used to get ex. a waiter's attention
Please, go ahead: اتفضل (itfaDDal) - an invitation to sit, enter a room, take something, etc.

Thank you: شكرا (šukran) or a stronger variant,
A thousand thanks: ألف شكر (alf šukr)
Another way to say "Thank you" is متشكر (mutašakkir), which also has a feminine variant متشكرة (mutašakkira) and plural variant متشكرين (mutašakkrīn). مرسي (mersi) is another colloquial alternative. To say "Thank you very much," you can say شكرا جزيلا (šukran gazīlan) or متشكر قوي (mutašakkir 'awi).

Thank you: كتر خيرك (kattar xeirak) - lit. May God increase your good fortune
Response: خيرك سابق (xeirak saabi') - lit. Your goodness preceded mine

You're welcome: عفوا (3afwan)
Other ways to say "You're welcome": العفو (il-3afw) or العفو على ايه (il-3afw 3ala eih, "It was nothing").

Sorry: آسف (āsif)
Another way to say "Sorry" is متآسف (mut'asif), which follows the same pattern of variants as متشكر.

Pardon me: لا مؤآخذة (la mo'axda)
Excuse me: بعد اذنك or عن اذنك (ba3d iznak or 3an iznak)

Used to express admiration: ما شاء الله (ma ša' allāh) - lit. God has willed it.

Used to refer to events taking place in the future: إن شاء الله (in ša' allāh) - lit. if God wills This is used a lot, anytime you talk about something taking place in the future. "See you tonight in ša' allāh." "I'll do it tomorrow in ša' allāh." "Can you finish the report by Thursday?" "In ša' allāh." And so on.

Used when you see s.o. with a new haircut: نعيما (na3īman)
Response: الله ينعم عليك (allāh yin3am 3aleik)

Bon appetit: بالهنا والشفا (bil-hana wiš-šifa) - lit. with pleasure and health
Response: الله يهنّيك (allāh yihannīk)

Said by a guest to the host at the end of a meal: دايما or دايما عامر (dayman or dayman 3āmir)
Response: دامت حياتك (dāmit Hayātak)

When someone sneezes:
The sneezer says: الحمد لله (il-Hamdu lillāh) - lit. Praise to God
Someone else: يرحمكم الله (yarHamkum llāh) - lit. May God have mercy on you (pl.)
The sneezer: يرحمنا ويرحمكم ويغفر لنا ولكم (yarHamna wa-yarHamkum (wa-yaġfir lana wa-lakum)) - lit. May He have mercy on us and you (and forgive us and you)
This is what Muslims in Egypt say when someone sneeezes. The ويغفر لنا ولكم part is an optional addition that some people say.

"Very gladly" responses to requests:
بكل سرور (bikull sirūr) - lit. with all pleasure
على العين والراس (3ala l-3ein wir-rās) - lit. on the eye and head
من عيني دي وعيني دي (min 3eini di w3eini di) - lit. from this eye and this eye
The last two are pretty "baladi," but still good to know.

Say hello to (s.o.) for me; give them my regards: سلّم لي عـ (sallimli 3a...)

Good luck: ربنا يوفقك (rabbena ywaffa'ak) - lit. May God make you succeed
بالتوفيق إن شاء الله (bit-tawfī' in ša' allāh)
The standard way to say "Good luck" is حظا سعيدا (HaZZan sa3īdan).

Happy birthday: عيد ميلاد سعيد (3īd mīlād sa3īd)
This is how you would say "Happy birthday" literally, but people usually just use their local variant of كل عام وأنتم بخير (see below).

Used for birthdays and all kinds of holidays: كل سنة وانت طيب (kulle sana winta Tayyib) - lit. May you (and your family) be well every year.
Response: وانت طيب (winta Tayyib)
This is the Egyptian variant of the standard كل عام وأنتم بخير (kull 3ām wa-antum bexeir).

Happy Ramadan: رمضان كريم (ramaDān karīm)
Response: الله أكرم (allāhu akram)
This is the greeting used for Ramadan in Egypt, but رمضان مبارك (ramaDān mubārak) is often used in other areas.

Congratulations: مبروك (mabrūk) or a stronger variant,
A thousand congratulations: ألف مبروك (alf mabrūk)
Response: الله يبارك فيك (allāh yibārik fīk)

I wish the same for you: عقبالك o'bālak)
Response: no set response, but you could say الله يخليك (allāh yxallīk) - God keep you.
Can be used when someone congratulates you on any happy occassion (a wedding, new baby, promotion, etc.) to wish them the same good fortune. However, you would want to be tactful when using it; for example, if you'd just had a baby and a friend who couldn't have children congratulated you, it would be better not to say "3o'bālak" to her.

Be strong: شدّ حيلك (šidd Hailak)
Response: الشدة على الله (iš-šidda 3ala-llah)
This expression can be used as a condolence, or anytime someone is about to face a challenging event, like a test or job interview.

May his/her spirit remain in your life: البقية في حياتك (il-ba'iyya fi Hayātak)
Response: حياتك البقية (Hayātak il-ba'iyya)

Помогите, пожалуйста! Очень хочу найти русские пословицы с арабским аналогом или с их переводом на арабский. Можно ли найти что-то в этом роде?

Да. забыла сказать: пишу в этой теме, потому что интересует именно египетский вариант арабского. Заранее спасибо!

Pilosa написал(а):

Помогите, пожалуйста! Очень хочу найти русские пословицы с арабским аналогом или с их переводом на арабский. Можно ли найти что-то в этом роде?

вот пожалуйста, несколько для примера:

"Сахэтак - саруэтак" - "здоровье-богатство".
"Эль тельсау эшорба ёнфух фи забади" - "кто обжегся на супе дует на йогурт".
"Лябес эль буса теб аль аруса" - "одень жердь в красивую одежду она превратитьсы в невесту (красавицу)".

Есть точная копия нашей поговорки "Нет дыма без огня" - "Мафиш дукхэн мингхер нар".

еще:

"Абу Баляш каттар мину" - "На халяву уксус сладок".
"Емут аль маалям уаля етаалям" - "Век живи-век учись".
"нет худа без добра" - "ём Асаль уи ём бАсаль", (День - мёд, день - лук).
"любишь кататься, люби и саночки возить" - "мафиш халява менгер нар".

"Ифтакх иннАфс" - "язык проглотишь" (дословный перевод: "откроешь душу")
"такль сАуа биъАк уарА(х)" - пальцы проглотишь (после пальцы проглотишь)
"йифхАмха уахИййа тА:йра" - схватывает всё налету (он понимает её, а она (мысль, идея) летящая)
"йИльъаб биннА:р" - играет с огнем (играет с огнем)
"йИльъаб бильбЭ:да уильхАгяр" - играет с огнем (играет с яйцом и камнем), одна из раздновидностей поговорки "играет с огнем"
"уихИййа ди А:йза суА:ль" - еще бы (и она хочет вопрос)
"уалЁ бимильЁ:н гинЭ" - ни за какие коврижки (хоть за миллион гине)
"лёнтаба+Ыт_иссАма Аля_ль Ард" - когда рак на горе свистнет (если совпадет небо и земля)
"уалЯ: кИльма" = "уалЯ кИльма уАхда" - и никаких гвоздей (и ни одного слова)
"уалЯ хууа хЭна" - ноль внимания (и не он здесь)
"сабр - мифтах аль-фараг" - Терпение - ключ к процветанию.
"ляу хабИбак асАль, матэльхасуш кУллю" -не злоупотребляй человеком. (Если твой любимый это мёд, то не слизывай его полностью).
"зАхмитищ_щЮгль" - Работы по горло.
"бУкра фи_льмИшмиш" -после дождичка в четверг. (завтра в абрикос)
"Ахлас ин-нИйа уа бат фи-ль-баррИйа" - "кончил дело, гуляй смело". (достиг цели и заночевал в пустыне)
"Эль гамИль - гамИле рох" - "вся красота в душе".
"балЯль инсАн мин альлисАн" - "язык мой-враг мой". (беда человека от языка)
"матИги иттУба Ильля филь матУба" - "беда не приходит одна", "где тонко там и рвется".

"shatra btyghzil birigl al-hmar" -- "мастерица спрядет и ногой осла".
"al-hobbu al-ama" - "любовь слепа".
"habla wa massikuha tabla" - "заставь дурака Богу молиться..."
"al-yrd fi ain ummihi ghazalun" - "обезьяна в глазах своей матери - газель"
"man shabba ala shei'in shaba aleih" - "горбатого могила исправит" (кто на чем вырос,на том и поседеет)
"kalam kal-asal walfial kal-asal" - "мягко стелит,да жестко спать" (речи как мед,а действия как шипы)
"youm lak wa youm aleik" - "не все коту масленица"

Отредактировано maramero (2009-05-06 13:39:44)

maramero написал(а):

ём 3Асаль уи ём бАсаль

На мой скромнный и непросвященный взгляд русской транскрипции (кирилицей) ع лучше как 3 (цифра три) не обозначать - его легко спутать с русской буквой З (это когда латиницей пишут, ع цифрой 3 обозначать удобно).
На мой скромный взгляд, лучше писать просто Асаль (или может быть обозначать ع апострофом - 'Ассаль).

да, Ernster, вы правы. но данное недоразумение обычно случается с теми, кто не знаком с тем, как арабы транслитерируют арабский язык. у тех, кто сталкивается с данным  явлением каждый день, это просто входит в привычку (как у меня). тем не менее, уважаемый Ernster, вы правы, я думаю для Pilosa будет удобнее читать без 3.
убрала/заменила цифры на буквы.

Вы здесь » Амальград форум - арабская, персидская, ближневосточная культура » Арабский язык » Пословицы и поговорки на египетском диалекте